Sunday, November 29, 2015

Better for Us: Return to Focus on What Matters and Why


I asked a couple of my younger colleagues who also do professional community work, asking them:  "Why do you do this work?"  Here are their responses which mirror the reasons why a Better for Us Community is important:

"Working to ensure that people are treated with fairness and compassion has always been at the core of my being.  In addition, I have lived a fulfilling life full of opportunities, and I believe that everyone should be able to have that experience."--J.Y., Executive Director of a multi-state nonprofit organization.

"Tucson, just like any city, will grow and change.  I work to make sure it grows and changes in a way that is constructive and improves as many citizens' lives as possible.  I want Tucson's growth to be managed by those who have an interested in equality, culture, and sustainability."--C.F., Community Outreach Coordinator for a collaborative nonprofit organization.

Community Renaissance's Do Happy Today Collaboration at Pima County Public Library www.dohappytoday.com

ETC. Recap, What Now and Other -- in the next post!


 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sharing fundraising info to other NPOs

As a new member of the Association of Fundraising Professionals, I wrote up these notes for the Tucson Women's Chorus (TWC) http://www.t...