Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Better for Us Reflection

It's Thanksgiving Eve day and my butter is warming up to room temperature before I start baking pumpkin cupcakes---a new recipe.  This morning, with the clouds muting the light, we decided to visit the FoodinRoot Farmers' Market at the UA Mall and take a mile and a half walk around the main campus to Park Ave. and loop back to Campbell. 

Along the way, I took a couple of photos of autumn color in the trees and a photo of the market, on the grass bordered by colorful flower beds.  And, as I think back on this morning--and look forward to Thanksgiving--I am grateful for the abundance of entrepreneurs who are the foundation of our local economy and the hard work they put into their businesses.  Whether they grow the food, make the food, organize events to sell the food, weave tapestries, paint collages and notecards, create apps for smart phones, make and sell fair trade products--all these elements (and more) are the threads of Tucson.  They bind us together, making our community better for us.

So before I post my final posts in the next few days for this November blog-to-book, I give thanks for my community and all who are part of it.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Sharing fundraising info to other NPOs

As a new member of the Association of Fundraising Professionals, I wrote up these notes for the Tucson Women's Chorus (TWC) http://www.t...